Hamza Danial joined the firm in the year 2021 and is presently an Associate in the firm’s Corporate Transactional and Advisory Practice based out of the Karachi office. He holds a LLB (Hons.) degree from the University of London. Prior to joining the firm, he has interned at a leading corporate law firm of Pakistan wherein he undertook training in Corporate and Commercial Law and has also been a paralegal at the chambers of a Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court wherein he assisted in matters pertaining to Civil, Commercial, and Constitutional Litigation.
His primary area of expertise includes Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking and Finance, Private Equity, Joint Ventures, Commercial Law, and Group Restructuring and Re-organization. Under the mentorship of the firm’s Partners, Hamza has immensely contributed to the development and growth of the firm’s advisory and transactional practice.
His scope of work includes the drafting, vetting and negotiation of various legal documents such as shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, concession agreements, share purchase agreements, financing agreements, service level agreements, licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, talent agreements, staffing agreements, among others. Additionally, he routinely renders intricate legal opinions on matters concerning company law, contract law, banking and finance law, foreign exchange law, competition law, trust law, and environmental law.
Moreover, he frequently facilitates overseas clients with their diverse legal needs, such as company incorporations in Pakistan and ensuring compliance with local regulations. Apart from that, Hamza delivers comprehensive and integrated corporate advice to clients spanning across multiple industries. Notable among the clients whom he provides recurrent advisory services comprise of the following:
- Pharmaceuticals/Healthcare: Hilton Pharma, Novartis Pharma, Sanofi, Sindh Integrated Emergency Health Services, Microport, and Midas Safety.
- Banks: Mashreq Bank, Muslim Commercial Bank, JS Bank Limited, and United Bank Limited.
- FMCG: National Foods Limited, Continental Biscuits Limited, Habib Oil Mills, Al-Abbas Sugar Mills, and Naheed Supermarket.
- Power: HUBCO, Metro Group, and ThalNova.
- Textile: Sapphire Group, Gul Ahmed, Tata Pakistan, Naveena Textiles, and Style Textiles.
- Automobile: Augmentech Business Solutions (Car First, Insta Cars).
- Technology: Sabre Asia Pacific and Afiniti Software Solutions.
- Engineering: Marubeni-Itochu Steel Inc, Dawood Engineering, and Gasco Engineering.
- Other notable clients: Fatima Group, Jaffer Brothers, Naymat Collateral Management Company, Sonraj International, Shamim & Co., Nandos Pakistan, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, OLX Global, Samrah Enterprises, Pakistan Agricultural Coalition, and Hunar Foundation.
A few of Hamza’s recent notable engagements in which he has worked on include:
- Advising and representing the sponsors of one of Pakistan’s leading industrial groups in acquiring a substantial shareholding of a company listed on the KSE 100 Index with a transactional valuation in billions of rupees.
- Advising and representing the concession holders in respect of a joint venture they were entering into in a cross-border transaction being valued at tens of millions of USD.
- Advising the Sapphire Group regarding a multifaceted corporate reorganization, and subsequently aiding in the creation and submission of a Scheme of Arrangement for a spin-off in the High Court of Sindh, which was argued by the Managing Partner of the firm and duly granted. The de-merger had a valuation of hundreds of millions of rupees.
- Advised and carried out an exhaustive due diligence on behalf of one of Pakistan’s preeminent corporations, with regards to their proposed acquisition of a 50% share-holding in a construction and development company, wherein the transaction was valued in billions of rupees.
- Advising 96% of the unit holders of a privately held fund, pertaining to the acquisition of the remaining 4% units, and established a governance framework for the fund’s stakeholders subsequent to the acquisition. At the time of acquisition, the fund was valued in billions of rupees.
- Advised a distinguished commercial bank in Pakistan, regarding the acquisition of a controlling equity stake in another bank.
- Advised one of the sponsors in the acquisition of a human resources company with the transaction being valued in tens of millions of rupees.
- Provided guidance and established a strategic plan for a distinctive transaction involving the acquisition of a Section 42 (not for profit) company by another Section 42 (not for profit) company.
- Advised United Bank Limited in respect of the digital processing of cheques, a pioneering mechanism being introduced for the first time in Pakistan.